Saturday, March 31, 2018

April Showers -- in March

It is pouring down rain right now, the last day of March. . . kind of a bummer since tomorrow is Easter and there are plenty of errands and egg hunts scheduled for today, and now they have to be executed in the rain. But April showers bring May flowers, and everyone likes for our yards and neighborhood to be colorful and verdant. So we put up with the showers!

If you can't wait for May, like me, let's look at a couple flowery cards. The Sweet Soiree Designer Series Paper (DSP) is a specialty paper, very thick and embossed with silver. For these fancy fold cards it works beautifully, since they need a little extra strength.

The final card fits in a regular envelope, but Rachel Tessman has done the engineering (measuring where to put the scores & folds) so it opens up very long and provides some nice space for a note or multiple people to sign.


 I used the Half Full stamp set on the first version, a carry-over stamp set from the Holiday catalog. It is lovely, but not a perfect match for the DSP. So I switched to the Beautiful Day set in the Occasions catalog for my final version. I like that it has a bigger piece of ribbon and let's me color with the Blendabilities markers.

These cards were used as my swap at Glenda Travelstead's recent demonstrator event. We had dinner and a shoebox swap as well as Glenda providing a few Eclipse card make-n-takes.

Today is the last day of Sale-a-Bration, if you still want a free item or think you might like to join the Stampin' Up! family, today is your last chance! Just email me or send me some strong ESP. Maybe you better email, since I'll be running errands in the rain!

Happy Stampin',
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment