Sunday, March 9, 2014

Scalloped Tag Topper Punch -- Best invention ever

I am going to repeat that header because I am so excited about it: the scalloped tag topper punch is the best invention ever!

That's right folks, it ought to have its own late night info-mercial!

Of course it is a cute tag punch. It makes tags -- but that's not all!!
You could make book marks! You could make cute elements for your cards, as shown here on the Regarding Dahlias card.

But my favorite use of all is the gift bag card holder.

Gift Bag Card Holder! It's Amazing! It's Easy and you won't know how you lived before you had one!

 All I did was take a 2" wide strip of card stock, trimmed to 5.5" and punch each end with the scalloped tag topper punch. Then I used my paper trimmer to slice straight down the middle from the little hole to the other little hole. To fancy up the whole thing, I ran it through an embossing folder on the Big Shot, but that is totally optional. Then I applied adhesive to one side, the upper half of the card holder and adhered it to a lunch bag. My bag happens to be white.

Now you can slide your card onto the the face of your bag, hanging onto the card holder that isn't adhered to the bag.

I have added some silver bows to the sides, just to dress it up an extra bit, but since the edges are scalloped, it really isn't necessary, it just matched my card.

The size of the Gift Bag Card Holder can be adjusted to fit on a larger, inexpensive brown bag or a nice fancy bag that has handles or on a gift bag you are giving from Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body Works, where they provide a darling gift bag.

The possibilities are endless! I hope this gives you a few more ideas of how to use this great tool. Leave me a little comment and I'll be happy to send you a sample and a catalog!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen



No comments:

Post a Comment