Saturday, December 21, 2013

Taking a break from Christmas cards

You may not believe it, but we can use our card stock and stamps to make cards for birthdays and thanks you cards, not just for Christmas cards! Who would have guessed!

This beauty is a great combo on Smoky Slate and Summer Starfruit. I am not a fan of the chartreuse yellow in Summer Starfruit, but paired with the grey in Smoky Slate, this combo works really well. I love the masculinity of this card. I used an embossing folder and the lightly rubbed my white ink pad over the letters. It looks sanded, but it is actually inked.

My husband and I ventured out to Kohl's this morning and there is still plenty of merchandise in the stores and lots of sales. We have a 30% discount coupon, so it was fun piling the slippers and pajamas into a cart and feeling like we were getting a good deal.

I hope Santa is ready at your house and the "enjoy the holidays" part of the season can begin!

Happy stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment