Saturday, January 4, 2014

Glam it up

Raise your hand if this applies to you:

I own a crafting tool that I don't know how to use.

I neglect to send beautiful cards to my friends on their birthday.

I hate making resolutions on January 1st.

It is really hard to type when I have to raise my hand for every one of these!

I love paper crafting. I want everything related to it. I want every color of glitter paper. I want every rubber stamp in the catalog. I want every die cutting tool and attachment. I want miles of ribbon and yards of twine. Occasionally I even use a postage stamp to send a card to a friend!  Things have got to change! You people have got to start receiving cards!

So I am in my craft room, figuring out how to use My Digital Studio with ease. I have the basics down. I can manage. But I cannot sail through a project with ease. And now I added a Silhouette Portrait digital cutting machine, so I want to be able to use it with ease also.

This card shows that I can create a sentiment in digital form and output it on the Silhouette which cuts it from Silver Glimmer paper. Then I used the Big Shot to die cut the pretty leaves, added a bit of ribbon and rhinestones. Then I put it in an envelope and added a postage stamp and mailed it to my friend Elaine. And it was only 2 days after her birthday. Whoo hoo! Hip Hip Hooray!

So that's the plan: Enjoy my hobby and share with my friends. Hope I can manage! Email me your birthday and your address. I'll send you a card!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment