Friday, October 11, 2013

Stash Bashing

Easiest project ever! Do you have this striped ribbon in your stash? Stampin' Up! retired this gorgeous striped ribbon and that makes it even harder to part with the beautiful stuff, but I grit my teeth and used a foot of it, because it was perfect for this project.

I was cleaning a cabinet and found this tall candle stashed away. Honestly, I am sure it was a white elephant gift, because it has a religious label on it and I know I didn't buy it. So I pulled out my Witches Brew DSP (designer series paper) and roughly measured the height of the candle, wrapped it around the bottle and chopped off the extra width of the DSP. I used some strong double stick tape to hold the DSP to the candle. Wrap the ribbon and tie a bow. Ta-da!

Since then I spotted the candles at Wal-Mart, I'm sure they're widely available, and it makes a perfect Halloween Decoration, hostess gift during October and even a good idea for upcoming Thanksgiving or Christmas with different DSP.

Love it! But no stamping involved, LOL.
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment