Friday, April 5, 2013

Shoebox Swap #3 &4

 When brainstorming for the Shoebox Swap, I always recommend that you check all the creative outlets on the internet. SplitCoastStampers is the long time favorite, but Pinterest is definitely an awesome place to go for inspiration.  If you come visit me, I can always give you a peek at the demonstrator site, which is overflowing with projects, tutorials, hints and ideas.

Joan found her inspiration on SplitCoast. I adore the white space, I love a clean and simple card that has a lot going on. I love that she mixed two very different DSPs and how well they work together, then the beautiful dry embossing, two kinds of scallop borders and then the white flower matches the design on the DSP perfectly. What a great card!

Vicki brought us this U are. . . card. I want to point out how similar the color schemes are and how vastly different the two cards are!  I love the bright colors and how she modified the rectangles by just nipping the corners, it completely transforms the card! There is a design rule that suggests "remove one thing." When you think the design is perfect, go back and take away one thing. In this case, I think removing the corners is exactly right for the card, making the U shape of the stamp and the rounded shape of the corners work well together. I know the design rule isn't meant for changing an element as much as toning down the design, but for this card, it is a good rule to bring into play!

Don't forget that there is FREE SHIPPING on all orders, big or small, this weekend only, April 6 to 8! Get your orders in! Call me, email me or go online and shop at www.dtollaksen.stampinup.net

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment