Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An ornament for the real crafter

Have you admired the ornament on the cover of the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog? It is awesome. So awesome that I just moved right on, past it, not even going to try it.

But when you ask me to help you make it, and in a class format, with all your friends, I have to give it a look and figure it out!

Stampin' Up has provided a stamp set and framelets for cutting all the elements. But there are a lot of elements. When searching for an easier version, I found a recommendation to use DSP.  Brilliant!

I can cut 4 to 5 layers of DSP with the framelet, instead of one layer of stamped card stock. So now I can make one ornament with 5 passes through the Big Shot! That's totally workable for a class with all your friends!  Pull out your calendar and let's get it scheduled!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment