Sunday, August 26, 2012

BARGAIN project




 Rumor has it that crafters are hoarders. You know you've heard it, "why are you saving all these jars?" I have the perfect use for that hidden stash of recyclables!

I have cut a scallop circle of fabric (Stampin' Up! has these packages of 3 fat quarters on sale for just $1 on the clearance rack). Then I used Mod Podge to glue the fabric to the lid of my jar, a length of ribbon around it, tied in a bow and the lid is fabulous.

Then I used the Mod Podge (glitter version!) to adhere a length of DSP to the jar. The Mod Podge goes under and over the DSP to really seal it in place.

Then I die cut some tags, punched some scallop circles, stamped some seasonal images and punched them out. I jammed slipped it all into the jar and now I have a TAG KIT ready for any last minute gifting. I can add a Thank You to a water bottle for the mail carrier, wrap a ribbon around a bottle of wine with a tag as a Hostess Gift, tie a tag to a candy bar for someone sweet, drop a love note into a lunch bag. I'm ready for anything!

You can join me and use my tools and card stock to make your own TAG KIT this Friday at 1 pm or 7 pm, just leave me a comment or give me a call!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen









No comments:

Post a Comment