Tuesday, July 17, 2012

We're gonna use scissors for that?

I offered this card at last week's class, and my customers were a little surprised when I told them the flower was cut, by hand, with scissors. Huh? Not the Bigshot? Not a punch? Scissors?  Yup, old school style!

A lot of people don't think they can cut. It cracks me up, I mean, we learned that in kindergarten and we've had a few years to practice. I know, just around the corner, my carpal tunnel will close down and arthritis will take over, but that wasn't an issue with these stampers. They were just so used to everything being die-cut or punched!

I love the subtle colors in this card, it is totally CASEd from a lovely blog I follow, by Renee Van Stralen. The stamp set is Raining Flowers and it is a great 2-step stampin' set. We used the bigshot to dry emboss the panel on the bottom half, then inked it directly with an ink pad. We also die cut the early espresso leaves, those are pretty small to be fussy cutting.

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment