Sunday, March 4, 2012

Vintage feeling

I will be participating in a swap soon and the rules eliminate any use of DSP (designer series paper), the mini catalog or SAB choices (sell-a-bration) or any embellishments that are likely to be absent from the new catalog. We are coming to the end of the catalog year, so it would be nice if the card could be carried over into the new choices.

Since I received a brand new, sneak peek set when I attended Leadership Conference, I decided to introduce it at this swap. The stamps made me think "vintage," so I leaned toward the browns. I cut a label using the new framelets on the Big Shot. I doubt that they will be a short-time product. They are just too wonderful, so I believe they will be included in the product line next year.

The cute little bronze safety pin may or may not make the new book, but it isn't the "key" to the card, so I think it will be OK. I used a lot of little techniques to dress up the card, sponging around the edges, outlining the images using the VersaMarker, to kind of spread the ink color and soften up the image.  Then I went crazy with the gold shimmer paint, using it two ways. I used a dauber to dress up the framelet label, and I used a tiny paint brush to paint over every flower. The Soft Suede ink mixed with the gold paint to make a gorgeous bronze metallic look. I love it!

Hope it goes over well at the shoebox swap!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen


1 comment:

  1. Hi Dee, so the date is May 19th? I would like to do the swap. I can not do anything until after elections march 20 but May 19 will be long over;) Let me know. I woiuld like to do other workshops but I have to see what comes up . Is your latest workshop scheduale theone listed on your blog? Hope all is well with your family.
    Sandie P.

    ReplyDelete