Friday, March 2, 2012

Sparkle


 I love the look of glitter on a card, but I hate the mess and I can't stand waiting for the glue to dry so I can get on with crafting.  This method completely eliminates both problems! I used the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet on the flower. Really simple.

First I stamped the flower on Whisper White cardstock. Then I trimmed a piece of adhesive sheet, removed the backing and stuck it to the stamped image. Then I used the punch to cut the flower. Next peel off the remaining backing piece to expose the adhesive. Sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds and shake off the excess. Done. Beautiful sparkly flower, no wait for the glue to dry, and no shedding of glitter. Fabulous!

Did you notice the large pearl? This is a new size and it is sold in a pack of large pearls, alone. The other pearls we sell are in a combo pack of 3 sizes. It is kind of nice to be able to purchase just the size you need if you are working on a project like invites or placecards or such when you need a bunch of the exact same embellishment.

FYI: The adhesive sheet did not damage or goop up my punch. I think this was a worry for some people, but I used the same punch for 9 or so flowers and there was no problem.

This card will be featured in my Sparkle class on Wed, Mar 14 at 1 pm or 7 pm. Join us!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment