Friday, July 31, 2009

Wings

My stamping pal Catherine is partnering with me to swap this card at a SplitCoast Stampers dinner while we are at Stampin' Up! convention next week. There are 50 ladies scheduled to swap with each other. Catherine and I decided to each make 25 of this card and then we will have to fight over the samples we receive in the swap. Check back next week to see if we are still friends!

Ha Ha Ha, this stamp set is called Wings of Friendship! What a hoot! I crack myself up. Lots of bird humor today.

I thought it would crank up the quality if we embossed the bird. When I first worked with it, the card just didn't pop when it was simply stamped in black. But I don't have a black craft ink pad. No problem--I'll stamp in VersaMark. But all those large black areas seemed to be a bit sketchy, not getting complete coverage. Okay, so now, stamp in VersaMark, then black, then sprinkle the black embossing powder and heat. Beautiful! Now clean the stamp so you can start over. Now do that 50 times. OMG!!! Stop me before I design again!!! Well, don't forget to brush the paper with your Embossing Buddy so you don't get any stray black particles of embossing powder, don't want to ruin a good image with specks.

Leave a comment today, and I will bring you a treat from convention. Yes, BLOG CANDY. All I ask is that you tell me if you are a demonstrator yet, when you would like to become a demonstrator so that you can join in the convention fun, and which demonstrator kit you prefer: bargain kit at just $85, the regular full kit with the bonus of all the In-Color ink pads or the "wait and see what deal SU offers next month" because today is the last day for the bargain and the bonus. I think.

Just kidding, you can leave any kind of kind comment and I will enter you in the BLOG CANDY raffle for a little prize from Convention!
Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card; love the Bermuda Bay and black combo. Have a wonderful time at convention. I look forward to when you come back and share all the great ideas and swaps with your blogging buddies. jmniffer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dee... It's nice to see the final product that all my hard work went into!! JUST KIDDING! I like the card design, and the embossing is worth the final result!

    I hope you and Catherine have fun at convention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I think I resemble those remarks. I can't wait till Wensday. It has been so much fun stamping the weeks away. This card was not so much fun. Where was Laura when we really needed her!!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete