Saturday, August 11, 2018

Budget Friendly


 When I present the monthly card making class at the Crestwood Library, there are new crafters and experienced crafters. And they only pay $5 for 4 cards! So there is a big planning situation -- simple enough but interesting and budget friendly (for me).  But it is definitely one of my favorite offerings, because my Mom is one of the regulars!

Last month we made these cards and one more, that I seem to have lost LOL.  Sometimes I do some of the stamping for them, like the candles on the first card. Because the yellow and green candles use the same stamp, new people and big classes can't seem to manage cleaning the stamp before dipping it into another color ink. So I did the stamping ahead to protect my ink pads, that helps keep my costs down too!

I also try to make the cards lovely and interesting without a lot of embellishments or designer series paper, although these papers are so gorgeous, I really wanted to try to tempt the ladies into investing in some supplies of their own!  So far, they are happy to come to the class and let me do the investing. Although I have to admit, some of them have asked me to do the class every week. But I know what happens then, we don't have a sold out class ever again!

So for now, it is time to pack up my goodies and head back to Crestwood for the August class. Look out Stampers, we will be having fun Monday night!

Happy Stampin,
Dee Tollaksen



No comments:

Post a Comment