Monday, June 4, 2018

Rooted in Nature, rooted in your collection

Rooted in Nature is going to be one of those "classic" stamp sets that you will pull out over and over again.

These two cards feature a couple of the images and a few fun tricks. I didn't have the framelits when I made these for a display board at the Stampin' Up! OnStage event, so I didn't want to fussy cut too much, but these leaves weren't hard to trim at all.

I stamped the leaves in Versa Mark clear ink and embossed with Copper embossing powder, very striking on the dark green card stock.

Then when I inked up my images, I used a sponge dauber to add some darker green ink on the edges of the trees and my Early Espresso marker to ink the trunks. The dark marker easily "over rode" the light green ink and quick and easy -- I added depth and realism to the trees.  Some of the colors have been refreshed/replaced, so have a play with what you have, don't depend on my image to be the "perfect" color combo!

I used the Nature's Poem DSP (designer series paper) as my color guide, it has some really lovely designs, and this quiet stripe was a perfect background.

My second card today may be my favorite from all the cards I posted at OnStage. It is a very simple masked card. Use some strong post-it notes to mask off most of your Whisper White panel, leaving a 1" x 5-1/4" strip showing. Then add a little So Saffron ink toward the bottom with a sponge, your aqua painter or sponge dauber. Almost any method will work. Above and below the So Saffron I added a medium green color and then a medium blue to go to the top.

I removed the post-it masks and stamped the tree in black. I did stamp the sentiment and fussy cut it out, then used dimensionals to pop it up. And the Whisper White panel is mounted on Cajun Craze cardstock.  Yum!

Do you have trouble coordinating colors? Or just want some extra ideas for color combos? Stampin' Up! has built a Color Coach for us to use and I would love to make one for you! And I have a Swatch Book with every card stock color represented, labeled with the name and catalog ordering info. Leave me a comment or email me to reserve your Color Coach and/or Swatch Book! $6 each or $10 for the pair.

Happy Stampin'
Dee Tollaksen





No comments:

Post a Comment