Monday, June 25, 2018

Peek-a-boo with Hand Delivered stamp set

 Oh my gosh, you guys! Have you gotten all the way to the back of your new Stampin' Up! catalog? The hostess sets this year are fantastic! This one is called Hand Delivered and features this set  of great legs in a skirt, and offers a bunch of items for the lady to hold: a cake, a sign, books and balloons. She just makes a card so easy! And some really nice sentiments to boot, and the set is so cheap -- but can only be purchased as part of your hostess benefits when you host a party ($150 or more in sales).

Your party can be your own personal (big) order or have a book party or a FaceBook party! Super easy and I will tell you all about it -- just ask me!

I did two easy-peasy cards with just the one stamp set, then I did a more complicated card that I just love! The top one features her in a flowered skirt with a simple sign. I arranged scraps of subtle colors to create kind of a paint-chip background and added a bit of the new Polka-dot Tulle ribbon for some texture. As you can see, I colored with the regular markers. Love it!

My next card shows her holding a stack of books and has a bit of Shaded Spruce ribbon from the Metallic Ribbon Combo pack and a front panel made from Share What You Love designer series paper. This flowers on this DSP sheet have been pearlized and they are gorgeous! And the paper is heavier than regular DSP so it can be used as a card front instead of layered over cardstock.

This last card is from the same stamp set but I added in Pick A Pennant to make the signs and the flag banner at the top. Any 5 letter word will work since the set has the whole alphabet and a bunch of little images to fit into the flags--STAMP, HAPPY, LAYLA (many names will work), LOVE U, etc. What would you put in the signs?

These two sets are photopolymer so it is easy to see where you are stamping and get your placement perfect. I actually laid all my letter and banner images right on the card front and picked them all up at one time with a big clear block, inked them in black ink and stamped them all at once. All 10 tiny stamps! They cling perfectly and then they are all in exactly the right spot. If I was actually doing party invites this would make it sooo easy to make multiples! There is quite a bit of coloring going on here, so I don't think I would make too many!


This is what happens when there is a bunch of rain, I get to sit at my table in my stamp room and be creative. I hope you think of card making when you are stuck inside on a rainy day! Today looks to be gorgeous, so I will be setting an alarm on my phone, to remind me to go out and enjoy the summer weather!

Mark your calendar for Saturday, July 14 -- Annual Garage Sale of retired product. I have been emptying drawers, clearing closet shelves and using the red pen to slash prices. Check the details at right here on the blog and watch your email for special times if you have been a club member or a hostess this year.  Not on my email list? Sign up now, just look on the left side of the blog!

Happy Stampin,
Dee Tollaksen




No comments:

Post a Comment