Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Why give a card?

 You guys, I have my days. . . you know the ones, when there is a black cloud from early morning til you go back to bed at night, and all my thoughts are grey. But, those days are few and far between! I am mostly a Suzy Sunshine kind of person.

Mother's Day was this past Sunday, and I was blessed to spend the day with my Mom, my sister, and my daughter. My husband even did the cooking for our brunch. So awesome! My girl made me a card! With watercolored flowers and a heartfelt message inside. One thing she mentioned is that I am a "glass half-filled" kind of person, which made me laugh.  We have talked about this concept a lot in my Bible Study group. And they have decided that I am a "glass overflowing" person, so I was happy that my daughter even sees me as a "glass (half) full" person!

I wanted to give you a peek at some of the things that help me stay so upbeat. First of all, I have a "job" that is fun and I get to set all the rules. I work as much, as often and as hard as I want. And when I want to do something else, that is all good! I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I offer classes and parties and I craft cards and more. Yes! Best job ever!

This is a picture from the recent OnStage event Stampin' Up! hosted in Milwaukee. I was honored to prepare a project board featuring a few new products that will be available June 1st. It was so fun to actually design and create these cards and projects, and nerve-wracking to know they would be on display for all the attending demonstrators to study!

And the next two pictures are here to emphasize my story for today. Mother's Day + Best job ever + grand kids = glass overflowing. Layla recently turned one and Eric will be four in August. They live in AZ and I live in IL, so we FaceTime and I see them online, but occasionally I jump in a plane and spend a few days playing in their back yard. Just thought you would enjoy a couple pix of what makes my heart happy!

Happy Stampin'
Dee Tollaksen




No comments:

Post a Comment