Sunday, January 28, 2018

Best Wishes Bella!

 For the past few months my prayer list has had a tiny baby girl at the top of the list. I have been praying for her heart to heal, for her lungs to clear, for her parents to be able to handle the whole scary situation and for her grandparents to survive the ordeal and daily stress. This little girl just kept surprising her team, in good ways and in tough ways, but finally she passed all the tests and requirements for the medical experts to allow her to come home! She has a few monitors and an oxygen tube, but otherwise, she has finally been allowed to meet her dog, live in her beautiful nursery and to have all her needs met by her parents and grandparents. So now all that is left is prayers of gratitude!

To let everyone know she had come home, her Grandma wanted to decorate the neighborhood with pink balloons. The weather here in Chicagoland isn't so conducive to balloons in January, so we put our heads together and came up with this darling clothespin decorated with pink paper balloons. Grandma then decorated all her friends front doors and mailboxes with a clip to be sure everyone knew Bella is finally home from the hospital. I got my production line fired up and spent a few hours generating clips, then I made a box cute with cardstock. I put all the clips onto scraps of cardboard so they would be easy to distribute and stay safe and undamaged.

This was a joyous project to work on and I was so glad to be able to contribute in a small way to the happiness this family was celebrating. 

This would certainly be a fun classroom Valentine "share" or a cute Girl Scout swap. And it was a great way for me to use up all the pink bits and scraps that were in my craft room.

Now I just need projects to use up all the other colors of bits and scraps in my stash! LOL

Anytime you need a creative solution to a happy problem, like pink balloons in January, give me a call! I love a little challenge and I have loads of ideas!

Happy Stampin,
Dee Tollaksen



No comments:

Post a Comment