Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Christmas Cards from your friends

The backlog of interesting things to show on the blog is huge, so I am going to try to show up more often, and show you a couple things each time. Today I have a couple cards from the recent Holiday Shoebox Swap I hosted.  Fifteen stampers gathered and brought Christmas cards to make, all of them designed, cut and prepped. Then everyone moved around the room making one of each of the cards. Some were very straight forward and others were more complicated, so it was fun to learn some new techniques and to see what other people like to do with their crafting tools.

For example, everyone raved over Michelle Kuhnie's card. I'll share it soon, she made a darling penguin from punches and card stock.
 I will admit right now, I am not a fan of punch art. I prefer to stamp and I am fine with using punches to highlight stamped elements or stamped sentiments. But to create an entire composition from numerous punches? Not a big fan. But oh boy, lots of other people were sure excited about the darling penguin!

So look for punch art to make an appearance at Stamp Club and/or at a class in the near future.

Shown here are cards brought by Barb, Carolyn and Debbie. My apologies if I modified the card from the original sample. As the host, I was busy with many activities, like raffling door prizes and awarding swag bags, so I didn't have time to finish all the cards at the event. Some of them I brought home and didn't think to take a picture because I thought I would remember the details of the cards.

Remember that there is the OnLine Extravaganza going on right now, through next Monday and a new set of Weekly Deals posted today, featuring Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and two cute Christmas stamp sets!

Go shop now, and shoot me an email or place your order online.

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment