Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Frozen Flowers

We booked our vacation. I am making flowers. The spring catalog has arrived. Catalogs are promoting swimsuits. But open the door and there is a polar vortex  settled in Chicagoland. Brrrrr. I am doing everything I can think of to avoid the issue of the frigid weather right outside my window.

So I made a bright and cheerful flowery wreath. The new catalog from Stampin' Up! features a Big Shot die that cuts the spiral for the rose; just wrap the spiral and a dab of hot glue holds it in place and you have a beautiful, permanent rose in two seconds. They are easy and fast and now everything I do will have paper roses attached to it!

Seriously, Kathy and Roberta came over and we made these wreaths last week. . . we selected colors, wrapped the burlap ribbon around our styrofoam forms, cut our flowers and wrapped our flowers. Then we arranged it all using straight pins and the whole project was done in under 90 minutes. Easy peasy.

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment