Monday, January 27, 2014

Bonus Dahlias

If you still only owned the Regarding Dahlia stamp set, but now you owned some scissors, you could create this gorgeous card! I spent some time fussy cutting this flower! I stamped it 3 times on Real Red card stock and cut the entire flower, then cut a small center section, then cut a middle size section, layered them up. A length of the red Glimmer paper runs the length of the Basic Black card front. Hello You is one of the sentiments in the stamp set, but the great shapely square  is from a fun set of framelits for the Big Shot, but you could use your scissors and cut a square!

Now, this final Regarding Dahlia card is for those of us who have bought everything in the catalog and have finally decided to actually use some of it on a card. LOL

I have made a bow from a bit of Chevron ribbon and matched it with a shape from Apothecary Accents framelit set for the Big Shot, which is also where that lovely shapely square on the top card comes from.  The base of the card is Whisper White and the flower has been stamped on the same Whisper White, three times. I fussy cut it, just like I did the red one on the first card, and layered them. You might be able to see that I snuck a sparkly clear marker onto the dahlias here. It just makes a little glittery look on the petals without glue or shedding, but Stampin' Up! doesn't yet offer anything like it, so I had to go out shopping in a local shop.  The gorgeus silver striped Vellum  is featured in the new Occasions catalog and is available in a silver package or gold package.

I think I have one more dahlia in gold to share, then we can move on the Sale-a-Bration goodies.

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment