Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Hostess Gifts

 I was recently made aware of an impending deadline. Did you realize how close Christmas is? I can't believe that I am going to have to stop making Christmas cards and gifts and move on. Grrr.

I am still playing with all the products from the Holiday catalog. I have just started to use the Pop and Place Tag Book and matching photopolymer stamp set! OMG.

So I am sharing the gifts I brought to the annual Christmas party my Stampin' Up! group celebrates. We go to a local restaurant and eat mashed potatoes. There are all kinds of delicious foods, but the mashed potatoes are outstanding. And the gifts! WOW!! I used MDS (My Digital Studio) to create a December countdown calendar. Those are shower curtain rings  and a white picture frame, and a gold pine cone. The pretty flowers are the Burlap Ribbon from the holiday catalog and the gorgeous chevron ribbon is from the catty also.

What about these candles? I used a bit of spray paint and some some wood knobs from the hardware store. Do you save jelly jars like me? If you pull the stamp sets off my shelf, there is a stash of jars lined up behind the stamp sets LOL!!!  These are prettied up with die-cut adhesive sheets, sticky strip and Mod Podge dots and fine gold glitter. Inside is a battery operated candle nestled in epsom salt.  I used hot glue to make the ruffle ribbons on top of the jar lids. Nothing complicated or difficult and a pretty holiday decor!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment