Saturday, December 7, 2013

Butterflies and birds

 Today is December 7. Are you counting the days until Christmas? I know that I should be. I know that it is stinking cold outside, perfect to stay in and stamp. But I just can't find my mojo.

I will prep for a fun Christmas Card workshop. And I will prep for a fun Christmas wrapping class. But I can't get in the mood to make my own Christmas cards. Maybe tomorrow.

Today, I am sharing a couple pretty collage style cards that make me happy, but do not solve my Christmas card problem!

This butterfly card was inspired by a card that featured acetate as a major element. If you look close, you can see that there is a top layer of acetate on my butterfly. It is embossed and floats over the Coredination butterfly. I love all the neutrals, chevron DSP, twine, button, and then the pop of coral and pink.

The second card is a bit brighter with the teal card base. But then it goes more neutral with the nice white doily and tag. Do you love the For the Birds stamp set? I find that it let's me color the images, but doesn't take a lot of precision or time. Just a bit of coloring and move right on!

I hope the mail man brings me some pretty Christmas cards and that my mojo shows up. I think there are just so many fab options that I can't settle on one to make a pile of. But I'll get over it. I have to!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen



No comments:

Post a Comment