Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tricky Witches outfit

Still in the mood for a Halloween card? You ought to have the Dress Up framelits from Stampin' Up! by now, they are awesome and so versatile. Here I have cut the dress in basic black cardstock, and the dress frame in eggplant and old olive.

I have used Summer Starfruit for the card base, this is my least favorite color of card stock, but it is perfect for Halloween. I framed a couple squares of Witches Brew DSP with black as the bottom layer, really makes the colors pop off the Summer Starfruit.

Then the fun begins. . . Use an oval punch and banner triangle punch to make the witches hat, add a hat band of fabulous orange glitter, then create a bodice for the dress all from black glitter. I think the dress needs a necklace so I added some rhinestones. They are so pretty and shiny, so I tricked them out with black marker to help them match the rest of the design. Cute, if I don't say so myself!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment