Saturday, September 7, 2013

Stand back, too many trends!!

Chevrons! Polaroid!  Washi Tape!

I had to stop at three. Seriously, too many trendy techniques and you might not have noticed.

I recently started seeing chevron backgrounds on cards posted on-line. I thought it was a DSP that I missed or something from a craft company other than Stampin' Up! but then I looked closer and realized we offer a fantastic background stamp that covers your entire card with chevrons!

I have stamped in Versa Mark ink, covered it with heat-n-stick powder, then heated with my heat tool and coated with Dazzling Diamonds glitter, then heat tool again. OMG. Stop the train, we need to do this to every single card it is so fantastic!

But that's not enough, right? I made a pretty picture with the bird bath from For The Birds stamp set and mounted it on a larger panel of card stock. I'm told that the polaroid style mounting is trendy, and I'm all about being trendy! LOL

I used a length of washi tape to add my sentiment. I stuck the tape to my work table to stamp it, then it was easy to peel it and place it on the card.

I always love making cards, but sometimes a glittery, chevrony, birdy card just makes my whole day.

Happy stamping,
Dee Tollaksen



No comments:

Post a Comment