Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Let it snow, let it snow, wait, no it is still summer!

What? It's still summer? Oh yea! But I wanted to try out a technique, and the poinsettia embossing folder was the best candidate. Look closely, I applied Early Espresso ink all over the embossing folder, carefully laid a sheet of whisper white card stock in the folder and ran it through the Big Shot. The ink was only in the raised parts of the folder, so it really highlights the pattern. Gorgeous, right?

So I had to finish it off as a Christmas card, the poinsettia is definitely seasonal. For the Birds stamp set is super cute here, and A Round Array provides the snowflake that I highlighted with Dazzling Details. The tag is from the Chalk Talk set.

I am really happy with this card! And the embossing folder is sparkling clean with a simple rinse in the kitchen sink. No soap, no stains. Perfect!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment