Thursday, May 9, 2013

Want a catalog?

I have to go to the post office today, but I won't be letting them see this card.  The new catalog arrived at my doorstep yesterday and I have a friend in Arkansas that is anxiously waiting for her catalog to arrive. It's coming, just have to get downtown.

This card has Stampin' Up!s gorgeous two tone ribbon on it, which will make a bit of a bulge in an envelope. We have to sneak a stamp onto it and drop it in a blue mailbox, don't let any humans Postal Workers touch it. If they handle it, they will want a bunch more postage. If the automatic machines can cancel the stamp, read the zip, sort the envelope, no one is the wiser. So put your bow up high on the card, drop it in a mailbox and let the machines do their job.

We were practicing our masking techniques here, using a post-it note to keep our sponging and stamping very precise and "in the box." Below the fancy ribbon we used an embossing folder to add texture and lots of hearts. The base card is Basic Black cardstock, so I get to use my silver marker to sign the card, one of my favorite techniques!

Happy Stamping! And if you need a catalog, just leave me a comment!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment