Friday, May 3, 2013

Guilty as charged

You know I love my CAS (clean and simple) cards. But sometimes a challenge just forces me out of my comfort zone.
Our local demonstrator group meets monthly for a FUN evening of chatting, sharing and a shoebox swap. This month the challenge was Ombre: incorporate this trend into a card.

I went crazy with punches in pinks. Each card is supposed to be "demonstrate-able" and completed in 10 minutes, but every month there is some crazy demonstrator who brings a card that takes forever and could never be brought to a workshop. This month I was guilty. I have to say that I showed a couple other cards that work for the Ombre effect, but I was definitely busted on bringing the most complicated card.

Ask me about the bow. It is super cute and very simple. If you are interested, I will do a little tutorial for you.  The pretty flower is from the Artisan Embellishments kit in the Spring catalog--the entire kit of flowers, tickets, gorgeous buttons, lace and ribbon is under $10, a super great deal!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment