Friday, September 28, 2012

No witches here

 Any holiday that is all about the candy, I am totally on-board!

It is a little overwhelming that the Halloween candy arrives in the stores before the kids are back in school, but where's the harm in a few M&Ms or bite size Snickers bars?

In the spirit of the season, I cooked up this ornament. It is a 3" square block, Stampin' Up! no longer carries them, but I had a set stashed in the back of a drawer.

I used some neutral DSP to cover the block, then had some fun with the owl punch, turning him on his head and converting him into a bat!

A couple of stamp sets were raided to find the Halloween sentiment, and the spider webs.  I cut them with the new label framelets and they fit nicely on one side of the block.

 The Simply Scored Tool makes it so easy to make these medallions. There is a crafty application for these every holiday! Monster Munchies stamp set from the holiday catalog offers us the darling little owl that stars on this medallion.

Now that I have the silicon sheet and a new hot glue gun, these medallions are a dream!

The final side features the spider web embossing folder with a couple cute spiders.

I bought some jewelry beads for the top of the ornament. They are shiny and sparkly and then I added a black bell to the bottom. This fun ornament will be hanging off my chandelier all October. I think I'll come up with one for Christmas next!

If you are interested in making one of these, just leave me a comment and we can make a kit or you can join me for an hour of crafting!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment