Monday, August 13, 2012

Change of pace

If you don't look too closely, this could be a nice masculine card, except that the flags are made from "Christmas" paper, red and green, snowflakes, plaids.

It is amazing, every year, when people gear up for the holidays, trampling all over half a year of life. I prefer to address each event as they occur. But I will be teaching a class for the historical museum in town, and I have to give them some samples, so I have to "think Christmas."

These class attendees are likely to be raw recruits, so this is a super simple card, that can be reproduced, modified and won't have anyone freaking out and running away, yet. . . looks good!  I actually used a sheet of adhesive strips that was in last year's catalog, cut them into flags, then the top layer is retired Designer Series Paper (DSP). They kind of look like Washi Tape, the Japanese craze that is all over the crafting biz. Add a bit of bakers twine in Cherry Cobbler, and the card is ready to go!

Hope you're enjoying the current season, but if you're thinking ahead to Christmas, the new Holiday Catalog is awesome. Just leave me a comment and I'll be sure you have your very own copy.

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment