Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fabric Scrap becomes star of card

Vintage, clustering, mixed elements, altered embellishments, trendy trendy trendy!

I am trying to keep up with the current trends, and sometimes it is such a stretch for my style! I think this is a super pretty card, and it came together quickly, but it is filled with fancy pants fun!

First I took a simple crumb cake cardstock rectangle, lopped of the corners and made it into a tag. Then I used our gold shimmer paint to stamp the pretty leaves all over it. I also spritzed the shimmer paint on the paper flowers. Then I sponged some early espresso ink on the edges. I prepared the beautiful new clear button with a cluster of pearls in the center and I tied a bit of espresso ribbon through a punched hole at the top.

The star of this card is definitely the fabric flower. Don't you love how nice it matches the Stampin' Up! paper/ink colors? I love working with fabric and the SU fabric is gorgeous.  Some of the flower techniques I have seen are a bit complicated, sticky and unreliable. I found this technique to be simple and quick, but you have to be able to sew.

I used the Tasteful Trim die on the bigshot, shown here, the top element. A one inch strip of fabric, 15 inches long will make this great flower. Cut it on the bigshot, then take it to your sewing machine and sew a loose straight seam along the straight edge. You can do this by hand, but the machine is so quick!  Then gather the edge by pulling one of the threads.

You'll find the flower just creates itself. I used fabric glue to adhere the flower right onto the tag i had created, then used the fabric glue to adhere the clear button to the flower.

 I did stamp the butterfly onto the DSP, I embossed the base layer and then just piled the elements all onto an early espresso card base.

I will be swapping these at convention next week. I hope to get some awesome trades from other demonstrators!

If you are interested in making a pretty card like this, just leave me a comment1

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment