Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Precision required

Do you have this stamp set? It really could be any flourish, but this one comes from Artistic Etchings. This card was a mental challenge for me. I am a firm believer in "hand made." As in, "If it is hand made, it doesn't have to be perfect." But this design kind of demanded some precision, if not perfection. And I am not mentally equipped for precision. But I saw it in a magazine and I really loved it and wanted to CASE it (copy and steal everything).

So I dusted off the old Stamp-a-ma-jig and inked up the black ink pad so it was nice and juicy and went to town. How did it go? One try. I am proud to say this card is the first attempt! Whooo hooo!  I thought I would have trouble, but the stamp-a-ma-jig worked great and the flourishes just lined up nearly perfectly!  So for those of you who are just starting out, this card was made with one stamp, one basic black ink pad, one scrap of ribbon, one brad and basic black paper and whisper white paper. All basics. Plus the stamp-a-ma-jig, of course!

Want to make this card with me? Just leave me a comment or give me a call and we can schedule a class for you and maybe a friend or two!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment