Saturday, February 25, 2012

Candy Boxes


When the ladies come to play cards, of course there are some snacks put out, right? And when the host is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, those snacks are sometimes . . . fancy!

This month I went to the trouble to make cute little boxes for the candies. With the Big Shot machine, it was super easy.

First I cut scalloped squares. There is a nice die that cuts these perfectly, every time. Then I used the Simply Scored tool to make the folding lines. I snipped the lines to create flaps and added a bit of double stick tape to hold it all together.

The scallops made this project super easy, because I never measured anything, I just scored at the third scallop on the vertical, and the second scallop on the horizontal side.

If you have ever seen me with a ruler, you know why carpenters teach "measure twice, cut once." Except for me, it is usually "measure a million times, because my brain is elsewhere and I don't remember very well anymore..."

Then I got out the fancy flower die and cut a bunch of scrap card stock into flower pieces, layered them up into flowers and used a bit of glue to hold them all together. Back to the tape, I stuck the flower onto the box and it was all done.  Super easy and fast. And cute!

Then give everyone a little sugary love and we are ready to deal the game cards and chat.

I hope you have plans to gather with your friends and gift them with a special sugary treat!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen




No comments:

Post a Comment