Friday, August 13, 2010

Chipboard technique


There is a saying, "if it doesn't move, stamp it."  But it needs updating. My new saying will be something like, "if it doesn't move, run it through the Big Shot!"

This is a piece of chipboard that I rolled through an embossing folder! It is stunning. First I did a "direct" application of black craft ink by rubbing the ink pad directly onto the chipboard. Then I had to wait for it to dry. What am I supposed to do while I wait?

 I waved it around the room and contemplated plugging in the heat tool. I'll digress: someone once told me that the heat tool gets soooo hot, it could set my room full of cardstock into smoldering ash before I could intervene. So now I'm a little paranoid and I never leave it plugged in. But all the power outlets are buried behind tables and desks, so it is a major effort every time I want to use it.

Okay. I think enough time has passed that the ink is mostly dry. So. Put the chipboard into the Petals A Plenty embossing folder, and run it through.  I used the gorgeous Shimmer Paint to brighten up those petals, added a layer of Cherry Cobbler CS and a sneak peek of DSP that will be available on Sept. 1. A bit of grosgrain and I'm done. Not a card at all, I imagine this on a little easel on the table or counter with a hand written menu or daily schedule during the holidays, maybe like this:

So fun!  Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment