Sunday, April 11, 2010

Regional swap, #1

I'm home from Milwaukee. One awful turkey croissant,  7 great ladies among 500 stamping fanatics, 6 hours of Stampin' Up! program, 12 so-so swaps cards. . . did I have a good time? You do the math!

I didn't make a big box of swap cards because there is a color revolution underway and because convention comes in July after the new catalog gives us a big pile of new stamp sets.  But now I find that my group is not going to convention. boo hoo. This is awful. Only my bff Catherine and I are entertaining the thought of attending. This is very troubling.  Are you thinking of going to convention? Are you a demonstrator? Please let me know, because we need a group of fun and crazy stampers to join up with.  If you're not a demo but want to attend, I can make that happen!  Just shoot me an email or leave a comment.

The card! Oh, right!   I made a whole sheet of embossed flowers and script from Vintage Vogue stamp set, then sponged coordinating colors of ink over the whole sheet. Trimmed it up and used it as an element on the card face. The base layer is Confetti White, nice and sturdy. Then the Tempting Turquoise layer is embossed with swiss dot embossing folder on the Big Shot.  The flower and the Thank You are sizzlets used on the Big Shot and embellished with Glimmer Paint.  I didn't LOVE this card, but it was a fun and interesting technique.

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment