Monday, March 22, 2010

Pretty scallops



I love to see trendy techniques that we can add to our cards, using the tools we already own.  One of my favorite designers is Dawn McVey. She recently layered up numerous layers of designer series paper that had been cut with a scallop border punch. Well, I own one of those, you probably do too!  So I grabbed a pretty pastel sheet from the Sell-a-Bration pad (which you can earn FREE) and I cut it into 3/4" strips and scallop cut them all. Then I layered them all at the base of a coordinating-color card. So, barely banana over summer sun, shown here. I added a panel of barely banana that I had textured using a folder on the BigShot, added a punched sentiment, some very vanilla 3/4" ribbon and a summer sun button. Voila! Loads of texture that gives the eye lots of places to look, without being too busy or overdone.  Let me just say, I love it! Try it, I bet you'll love it too!

Come on over and stamp with me, and you can make your own version using my supplies! I'll be back from Mexico soon, just send me an email and I'll book you into my stamp room for some fun crafty activities.

Happy stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment