Monday, February 22, 2010

Some frustration, but ultimate success

Square. Why don't I ever make square cards? The sad truth is because I don't have any square envelopes. Isn't that awful? To let the possession of envelopes be the block that locks out an entire realm of creativity?

To heck with that. I'm gonna order some square envelopes!

I'm trying to adapt my "clean and simple" style without crossing all the way into the vintagy cluttered busyness of so many cards out there right now. So, here is a main element created using the Flower Folds Die for the Big Shot, exclusively offered by Stampin' Up!  The Scallop Trim Border Punch and Corner Punch peek out from behind a square from the free pad of DSP available during Sell-a-Bration. Then squares cut from the same pad of DSP are mounted on Kraft cardstock.  I forced a brad into the button! It took a little bit of coercion to get the legs of the brad straightened out so they could be pushed through, but just a pencil and a bone folder did the trick.

For those of you with both the border punch and the corner punch, God love you if you can figure out the right size cardstock to make a perfect square. This one started out as a 4-5/16 square of cardstock. Well, the truth is, there are at least 6 ruined squares of orange cardstock strewn about my table. There is a very talented demonstrator that published her results and recommended some other starting sizes, that did not work for me. Grrrrrrrr.

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment