Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's good to be home!

I am so glad to be home. Texas is hot. HOT! And let me tell y'all, it is humid! 

I just recently purchased Fifth Avenue stamp set. I own lots of flowers sets, do I really need this? Well, I think it is a MUST HAVE set, and I will be showing lots of different uses for it, making it a very good investment!  I love this really beautiful  shimmery coppery paper from the Taste of Textiles paper pack, it is very thick and just a little bit of it adds lots of richness to a card.

Back to my 4 days in Waco, TX. Baylor U is a beautiful, old campus, with the nicest folks on-staff.  But it is kinda big!  We went without a car, just cabbed from the airport to the LaQuinta, where we woke up "happy" every morning, as their ads insist.

I put on my walking shoes and we headed out, just my DD and I and 600 other incoming freshmen/parent couples. We scoured every inch of that campus, I have to believe. I have at least 7 blisters to prove it, and I know where to eat, sleep, study, swim, pray, work, relax and pay. And I heard that there are classrooms as well!  Clearly, DD will be having the time of her life in a lovely, Christian environment. Her path appears clearly illuminated.  Now, I have to figure out where my path is!
Happy stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment