Tuesday, June 9, 2009

DCBD Sketch challenge 131


Well, it looked better in my mind. . . and now I have to just let you imagine how it might have been. . . I used the brayer technique currently so popular, to add color to my embossed rose and I cut the letters on the BigShot. Somehow this just isn't singing to me, but all my brain cells are focused on the activities for the rest of my week!  I'm off to Baylor University with my DD for freshman orientation. Baylor is in Waco TX and we live in Chicagoland (yes, folks from northern Illinois call it Chicagoland, and we don't care that it sounds silly).  So that means, lots of travel to just get there, to walk around for two days and see the campus from every angle.  Maybe they will reveal the secret to "paying for college in this economy" or maybe you will all order tons of "last chance" products from me while I'm gone, so I can afford the tuition! 
I have a couple good cards to share, as soon as I get back, so come on back and see me on Sunday!
Dee Tollaksen
 


4 comments:

  1. Very nice Dee ! Great job on the rose ! Have to try this too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Your rose turned out great. I still have to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card! You did a wonderful job with the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee,
    This is very pretty, I love this rose.

    ReplyDelete