Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Live Large with a passionate Bear!


DCBD challenge + with children in my stamp room = a big bear bursting out of a card!

Easter saw my neice and nephews visiting, and they have learned that I have this awesome collection of art supplies, so we take some time together in the stamping room any time they visit. Since we had fun with the Under the Stars stamp set, I kept it out and created my challenge inspiration card.

Some watercoloring, some punched stars, a bit of cord and a sentiment from Inspired by Nature, and we're all set!  I stamped and embossed the
 sentiment on vellum paper to go over the garden green CS, this lets me use the nice rich color of the green, but still be able to see the words.

Grab your supplies, and maybe some kids to help you, and join in the Diva challenge. But first, visit all the other stampers blogs to see how they interpreted this challenge.

Tax Day special. . . 4/15 is the date and the sale: purchase any 4 items from the SU catalog today (email or phone orders only) and I will take 15% off the highest priced of the 4 items!
Get Stamping!!
Dee Tollaksen

12 comments:

  1. Very cute card Dee - great job with the challenge!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love the bear bursting out!
    That is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card. I love that bear. I like how you have him displayed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Dee !! Love how you did with the bear !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! So creative having him tear out of the card like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this stamp set and this card. What a great idea to have him bursting out of the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That card is so WOW and COOL! Incredible job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that this guy is busting out of the card! Too Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! Such a unique idea for the sketch!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea on how to really use that bear and make him a STAR!! I'm sure the person recieving this card will be thrilled!!!
    Denise from OHio
    Phil4:13

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this bear card! I just may have to case this one from you!
    - Sharon aka CreatedByU

    ReplyDelete