Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lightbulb moment

It is Sell-a-Bration time, and I am very thankful for the demonstrations I have on my calendar. Therefore, I am working hard to create nice thank-you gifts for my hostesses and putting together nice projects for their guests.  This is a gift bag, made from a lunch sack!  I am so happy with this project!

First of all, it is a great use of the Lovebirds on the Candy Lane Designer Series Paper! So, I chopped off the top half of the bag, trimmed the DSP to about 5.5" x 6", made a little scallop trim and then used Iridescent Ice and VersaMark to add lots of glitz. Simply used my Scotch Tape to adhere the papers to the bag. I did make another scallop trim for the back of the bag, so I could add handles and not have the ribbon rip right through the paper bag. Punched a couple holes in the scallop trim and knotted some Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. Yummy!

Thanks to Becky Carafa who inspired this creation with a darling gift bag on her blog.

Wish you were my hostess this week, so I could give this darling bag to you! But WAIT! You still could be my hostess and I could give this bag to you, or at least one like it! And it could be filled with fabulous handmade gifts!  Just leave a comment, email me, or call me or ring my doorbell! Book a demonstration and I'll do my best to spoil you rotten!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment