Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Talk about a deadline!

December 24. Nuff said. The international definition of a deadline! There is no pushing it back, no rearranging a couple meetings, no way to ignore it and hope it will go away -- Christmas is coming! Tomorrow!!
That makes this the final creation for Christmas 2008. I have been admiring a card from Sharon Field printed off SplitCoastStampers for many months. It goes from my desk to my file to my desk to my file. I couldn't think of a way to modify it and I didn't want to copy it straight up and post it on my blog. I don't know Sharon, but some people are offended when their artwork is hijacked and posted without sufficient credit (that would include me!). But I love the card. So this week's sketch, the deadline of Christmas and this lovely card have all combined to become this offering. I used a non-Christmas set to imitate the holly, as demonstrated by Sharon. Do you recognize the set? Fresh cuts! And there is only one way to deal with the stems of the holly, they just require a ribbon to pull them together. So is it too much to have the fabulous red striped ribbon on the opposite end of the card? Who says too much is too much? I'm throwing the rules out the window.

By the way, it seems that the rules outside my window have already been ignored, as it is snowing like crazy, for the umpteenth time this season and it is barely "winter." Get the reindeer ready, we're gonna need them to get to Christmas dinner.

If you're snowed in or taking a creativity break, let this sketch be your inspiration! Check out all the Coffee Break Divas creations and join us. You can email me your card and I will post it here, or post it on your site and leave me a comment.

Have a blessed Christmas, be safe and enjoy your family!

Dee Tollaksen

7 comments:

  1. VERY Pretty Dee! I love that card!!

    Merry Christmas!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous Dee! Terrific take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Isn't it great when you can figure out a way to make things look right. Great idea on the ribbon to bring the ends of the stems together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card...love using Fresh Cuts as mistletoe. Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOHHHH!!! I LOVE this card!!! I think if you can at least give the name (when you don't know if the person has a blog or gallery or whatever) is plenty of credit! I can't imagine someone would mind if said who it was you CASE'd even if you couldn't give their contact info. I'm sure she's honored - I love what you did with the inspiration from her and the sketch. Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card!! I love the colors and what you did with the inspiration (the other gal's card and the sketch)!!! Very, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. Dee! Thanks for the mention.. had my head in the sand in December with family stuff! Great card!
    Sharon Field

    ReplyDelete