Monday, December 22, 2008

CASEing at its very best


This past August I attended Stampin' Up! convention for the third time. I felt like I really knew what I was doing. I had swaps that I was proud of and I recognized Shelli Gardner, the founder, instantly. I had an awesome time! Back in 2007, I was just taking it all in when I attended convention, not sure I was "getting" it all, but I swapped like crazy and had a great time.
Fast forward to today. . . I have had this really darling card on my work bench for 18 months. A customer twisted my arm and made me buy this Jolly Santa stamp set, so I picked up the card and went to work copying it. When it was all done, I flipped the card over to see if it had been signed by the original artist, and it had. So, if you can imagine, I swapped cards with Mary Polcin. And who is Mary Polcin you ask? Just Million Dollar Mary, the SU demonstrator with the largest personal sales of any SU demonstrator. That's all. Just made me laugh out loud, that I have been admiring this card for a year and a half, on my work space without realizing that I had, at some point, stood face to face with Mary and just swapped cards, without even trying to get any helpful business hints from her.
So, here's to great designs and great demonstrators! Have a great Christmas! I'll be back tomorrow with the inspiration sketch from Coffee Break Diva's, be sure to stop back to visit.
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment