Friday, August 22, 2008

Pleated skirt instructions


I've been asked to share the technique for the pleated skirt card. I guess this would be my first tutorial. Hopefully it will be clear and helpful!

I used an entire sheet of 12" x 12" DS paper . I scored the 12 x 12, then cut it into 1.5 strips.




Score: These are the actual locations, not the distance from one mark to the other: .25" .5" .75" 1" 1.75" 2" 2.75" 3" 3.75" 4" 4.75" continuing at the inch and inch + .75 all the way across the 12" width of the paper. The first three measures are to wrap around the edge onto the back of the card, but putting a pleat at the very edge of the card.

Fold: usually we "fan" fold, creating alternating "mountains" and "valleys." But to create "box" pleats, you must fold "mountain" "valley" "valley" "mountain" "mountain" "valley" "valley" "mountain" and continue across the length of the DS.


I used Scotch double stick tape to hold the pleats to the card, but sticky strip works just as well.


Then apply sticky strip to your 1/4" grosgrain, then stretch the grosgrain across the top of the pleats.


There was about an inch left over at the opposite side of the card to wrap around to the back.


I wish I had more flexibility of composition on this blog. Maybe I do, and I just haven't figured it out yet. Oh well, another day.


Enjoy!
Dee Tollaksen



1 comment:

  1. Hi Dee,

    Love your card! Thanks for sharing how you created it. Miss your smiling face!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete