Monday, June 16, 2008

Competition? What competition?

Stampers, I have seen the competition, and it ain't no competition at all! A couple customers and I attended a class at the only scrapbooking chainstore in the area. The subject matter looked interesting and the samples looked awesome, so we bit the bait and paid for the class. What a disappointment. The 12 students squinted from their spots at the work tables to see the 19" TV at the front of the room while Liz from the home office demonstrated the technique. The live instructor hadn't even tried the technique. The products provided to practice the technique didn't work and the packs provided by "the home office" were incomplete and damaged. I'm not even going to mention the stamps that hadn't been cleaned from a previous class. All in all, I think I know how to use acetate better. I know that clear acrylic stamps, sta-zon and acetate are a recipe for failure. I love Stampin' Up! glossy white paper, and Archivers doesn't have anything even close. Shoot me an email and I'll be happy to set up a class for you with acetate, sta-zon and brayer techniques on glossy paper.
Happy Stamping, Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment