Tuesday, February 24, 2015
and you will see all three cards we made at the
February Stamp Club gatherings!
So, are you tired of hearing about Sale-a-bration? Blah blah blah. I already saw the stuff, bought what I wanted, got what I needed. BUT WAIT there's more!!! Stampin' Up! is full of surprises! And now there is a new group of great goodies that you will want to stop and think afresh!
Yes, that is a word. Afresh. Printed vellum. And it is gorgeous. Thick twine in Blackberry Bliss and all the new in-colors, with buttons to match, tons of buttons! And a stamp set with a darling butterfly and a dandelion and another stamp set with a giant THANKS and repeating hearts! Oh, they are so cute and I don't even know which one of these I like best. Which is obviously a problem!
You know how Sale-a-bration works, right? Spend $50 on anything Stampin' Up! offers, and you get to pick anything in the special brochure & flyer free! Every time you hit that sales mark, you pick another item. So, I guess I will have to stock up on my supplies and pick all four items in the new flyer!
Please comment or email me your opinions and help me choose. Let's get together and create some goodies with these fresh products! I'll grab my calendar and wait for you.
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
So, to be sure you hear all the good stuff there is to hear, make sure you read all the good stuff on the list!
- This week's Deals are great! There are 3 punches, really nice ones, a punch that coordinates with one of the free Sale-a-Bration sets! Awesome! And two great colors of cotton ribbon, perfect for spring! And a stack of in-color DSP. Yummy! I am definitely placing an order right now and these things will be on it!
- A new photopolymer stamp set is available, called Lovely Amazing You, just $14.95, so fabulous! This is also going on my order! I have totally fallen in love with photopolymer stamps. They cling to the blocks perfectly, you can see through them for perfect placement, they are the cheapest stamps and they are so cute! I don't know if there is a young, hip design team working on them or what, but they are awesome!!
- I have a class Wednesday at 7 pm making owls into cute critters using the Stampin' Up! owl punch. You can make a collage/home decor or note cards with your critters or I have one more idea up my sleeve. I'm planning a spring idea with boxes or jars that I haven't quite figured out yet, but join us and maybe we can figure it out together. Just shoot me an email and join us Wednesday night, $20 for the class.
- Sale-a-Bration is still going strong! If you love the deals I mentioned and are ready to place an order, be sure to have your Sale-a-bration brochure at your side; when your order reaches $50 you get to select a free gift!
- Monday night my demonstrator team is gathering to craft and chat and share business tips. If you're interested in joining the Stampin' Up! family, I would love to have you ride along with me and join us for a fun evening. This is the best time of year to sign up, you get the most for your money! And Stampin' Up! is re-vamping the pay structure so we will all be getting a nice raise soon! Leave me a comment or shoot me an email.
Saturday, February 14, 2015
I love the Cheerful Critters stamp set and I've used it for all sorts of occasions. Don't feel like you have to have an official "Valentine" set to make your Valentine card, look at your favorite sets and make them work for you! I haven't even turned to traditional colors here, I just used the scalloped heart shape for the peek-a-boo window and made the banner state my sentiment.
If you need some help looking at your favorite sets with "new eyes," give me a call and I'll be happy to teach you some new tricks.
Friday, February 13, 2015
Why don't you also tell me what you would like to drink and snack and come on over! We will be making these cuties tonight, starting at 7:00. It will be more fun if you join us! And we will definitely be opening a bottle that requires a corkscrew. So join us!
Please RSVP so there are enough chairs!
Sunday, February 8, 2015
$20 if you already own the Owl punch and bring it along to class.
Just call or email to save your seat. If you can't make this date, let's talk! Class is available by mail or at your place with your friends or at my place with your friends at your convenience!
Friday, January 30, 2015
I saw this baby on Instagram. If you aren't using this yet, your eyes are missing a real treat! But I digress. So I saw this card, and I put down my Ipad, ran to my craft supplies and tried a few things, then a couple more. And finally figured out the best way to get just the heart shaped image from the background stamp. And keep the rest of the card nice and clean! So beautiful! And I just adore the Banner Blessings stamp set that the bible verse comes from.
What? You want me to tell you? Well, it isn't with the brayer, that was messy and used a lot of ink and got all over my hands. And it isn't masking, because who has a piece of sticky post-it note that is as big as a card to mask the whole heart and keep it in place? So I don't think there is an official name but it is a modified mask technique, I guess. I put the mask onto the large background stamp, inked up the stamp with the ink pad; removed the mask and then stamped onto the card. Perfect!
Back to Instagram: it is intended for posting from your cell phone: take a picture, add a short comment, maybe a keyword (with a # in front of it) for easy searching. The Kardashians keep posting stupid stuff, but your friendly card makers are posting all kinds of cute ideas that you might like! So go take a look, and search for #dtollaksen or #stampinup or #handmade You will be pleasantly surprised! If you like it you can sign up, follow me and maybe follow some other talented Instagrammers, just for the inspiration!
I'm working on a tutorial for the Owl Punch. Anyone interested in holding a party to help me work out the kinks in my plan? Help!
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Last night I was with my besties making darling little animals from the owl punch. They are as cute as anything ever, but fussy. Tiny. Kind of a gluey mess. And the ladies LOVE them. But we all have to have our strong glasses on. And some really bright lights. So here is one of those trends that I don't know if I want to catch on!
Can we please make more fun cute animals from the curvy keepsake box? Has anyone designed Star Wars characters out of the curvy keepsake box? Princess Leia, please! Chewbaca? Darth Vader? I need Star Wars boxes! They have seen the fox, made the fox, made his tail go shake, shake, shake.
And now, for those of us craving something a little easier, Cheerful Critter stamp set, so stinkin' cute. The Sale-a-bration Irresistibly Yours DSP starts out white with white embossing; this sheet has diagonal stripes. I sponged teal ink over the panel then wiped the ink off the embossed stripes. You can make the paper match any project, make it multi-color, spray color, brayer color, so many different fun techniques. My little bear was stamped and cut out, then adhered with dimensional dots, and I added the ribbon to look like a scarf. Easy Peasy.
Don't miss this week's Weekly Specials, all embossing folders and the Texture Boutique Machine for under $25!! Free Sale-a-bration choices when your purchase hits $50!! Shop online or contact me today!