Friday, December 8, 2017

Batch One of Shoebox Swap cards


 Uh oh, December is flying by! What a surprise! With the impending holidays, a visit from my out-of-town family and the everyday commitments of life, time is just zipping past me!

I want to share the cards my friends brought to the Holiday Shoebox Swap. Please take a look and make a mental note -- these cards are beautiful and "achievable." YOU CAN make these cards and I hope that you will join us for a future event like this. We have a great time and it is a no-stress event. Each person selects a design, makes a sample, cuts their cardstock for 15 or so cards and loads up their ink, stamps & card making supplies. Pop it all into a "shoebox" or other bin and haul it to our local restaurant. Then we all move around the room, make every card and eat chocolate. Afterward, we all have a delish lunch and brag about the great door prizes. I even give everyone a goody bag to load down their bin and encourage them to come again!

Today I will start with the card that I brought. It has an embossed silver foil panel, over a DSP panel, over Smoky Slate and all stacked onto Whisper White. I added a glitzy bow and a sentiment on a tag -- easy peasy.

Adrienne also ran her background panel through an embossing folder, then layered up some DSP flags, a couple circles in Real Red and Whisper White, added a sentiment and some ornament images then layered it all on a Real Red card base.

 Annette and I worked together on the next card, a simple base of Garden Green with some seasonal DSP, a strip of Cherry Cobbler, a bit of fancy ribbon and a white panel with the sentiment and wine glass images. We added a bit of dyed glue to the glass image to look like real wine.

Finally, for today, is Carol's card. This was the card with the most work since we needed to stamp the deer and wreath then die cut them on the BigShot. Also cut the trees and embossed the background panel -- totally worth the work for this darling card!

I'll be back soon with some more of these cuties, so come back to soon!

Happy Stampin,
Dee Tollaksen



No comments:

Post a Comment