Friday, October 20, 2017

Shake it up Baby

 

I am willing to bribe you to read this whole post, so read to the end, take the quiz and I'll mail you a gift!

At left are some cards I had fun creating for a little demo table I set up at a recent card-making event hosted by my friend Glenda Travelstead.

All four are shaker cards, each one with a special "little something!"  Well, the first one is a straight-forward shaker; it has some washi tape from the holiday catalog that adds bling and glam just by taping on some washi! I filled the shaker with gold sequins. And the key word here is "filled." I've been stingy (you know, tight, frugal, cheap -- not bumble bee type of sting) in the past and kind of learned that more is better when it comes to shaky stuff.

Second card features a fantastic pig from This Little Piggy stamp set; wearing a witch's hat from Spooky Cat stamp set. I made her a broom from the Wood Textures DSP stack and a tassle! From the Mini Tassle Assortment. And it is a shaker card because the pig is attached to a little device that makes her shaky shaky on her broom, so cute!

Second picture features a cut out from Everyday Jar framelits filled with straight pins! OMG so fun! Keep your eyes open for little items that will fit and have fun! Finally the last card is filled with sea salt! And it shakes so well while being on-hand and cheap. Love it!

Email me if you want to learn any of these techniques, I have a class scheduled (see at right) but I am happy to set up a class convenient for you! Click here to email me!

To keep you inspired I am participating in a "12 Days of Christmas Projects" starting TODAY! So watch for one more post!

And tomorrow I will be participating in an online vendor fair. 22 vendors will be offering products for you to kick-off your holiday shopping. I will be offering deals, treats and giveaways. So if we aren't FaceBook, friends, you MUST go to FB and friend me! Now!

Thanks for reading to here! Just email me and I'll pop a couple hand-made cards in the mail for you!

Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen


No comments:

Post a Comment