Friday, October 28, 2016

Whoa, when does this merry-go-round slow down?

Friends, when I got on this fun merry-go-round called life, I must have asked for the front of the ride. The all-inclusive pass where you never have to get off and go stand in line again and rest your equilibrium. I feel like I never get to catch up, and the next time around starts again!

This month I keep pushing one project to the side so I can work on another project that has a looming deadline, but I need to pull back the first project because the stamping friends are coming over TONIGHT to work with me! And then it starts again tomorrow!

So here are a couple cute Halloween projects I haven't shared with you. I have a fun party to attend this weekend, a couple Cubs World Series games to watch (that means parties) and my wonderful son has decided to come home for all the hoopla of the Cubs fun along with his fantastic family. One side of the brain is rejoicing, the other side is panicking. Can you tell? This paragraph is supposed to be about cute Halloween projects!

The fox punch makes an adorable Black Cat silhouette against a simple circle and the bright yellow moon, the black bat is also from the fox punch, it is used to make a fox into a raccoon! You can't really tell, but the whole element is attached to a clear treat box made from Stampin' Up! window sheets. It is very fun to put a candy or cash gift in a clear gift box.

The next image is made from the Jar of Haunts bundle. I cut the stamped Mummy and the second one is just card stock cut to look like Frankenstein cut with the framelits, and I cut a bunch of index cards with the jar framelit. I ordered a box of 1/2" split rings to hold the notepads and added the darling grey or black tassles -- a hidden gem in the holiday catalog.

And finally the simple candy holder made from the scallop top tag punch. You can't really see it, behind the candy bar, but if you look at the bakers twine, it is tied in the little hole at the top of the tag. And our Halloween Cookie Cutter bundle makes it so easy to stamp and punch our vampire friend and pop him on this treat!

You have just a few days left to take advantage of the Stampin' Up! sale on Designer Paper-- remember that it is buy 3 of the regular DSP and get a 4 package free. If you are thinking "gee whiz, I already have so much and I'm not using what I've got" let me help you with a few good ideas to start whittling down that stash! Starting with how you store it -- get a 12" magazine storage box so you can easily flip through your current favorite DSPs. If you can see them and access them, you will use them more often!

Join me for the Annual Christmas Card Shoebox Swap on Sunday November 27. We each bring a card design, then move around the room making each other's cards. There are door prizes, chocolates, lots of FUN and then a great lunch! All the cards are beautiful and easy to make and we would love for you to join us! Email or call for details or to register.

Happy Stampin'
Dee Tollaksen




No comments:

Post a Comment