Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Where did you get such an idea?

In the world of stamping and card making, we are all notorious for copying the work of other designers. And it is considered a compliment, never anything else. There is even a widely known and used term, CASE or CASEing, which has somewhat different definitions, but I learned it as Copy And Steal Everything.

So, this month, when I attended the monthly meeting of demonstrators in my small group, we agreed to swap cards that were CASEd from the Stampin' Up catalog. I am sharing four today, and next post I'll show the remaining few.


 I am on a butterfly kick right now, working on a big project with butterflies. So I like this card a bunch. It has two lacy butterflies layered on top of each other, on a tag, on a card, with some gorgeous grunge and some bling.


I like the way the Designer Series Paper (DSP) has been cut at an angle and the best trick here is the star cut from two framelits nestled together to make a kind of border of a star.  Love it!




An interesting border created here by turning a tree on its side, I think we have bushes. . .? maybe?? Well, the bees seem to like the goofy trees.
Here we have a little spin on stamping that takes us a little outside the box -- stamping on DSP. I think the butterfly works great, but I'm not wild about the sentiment on these flowers.

I love getting together with other stampers and trying out new techniques. We then talk about them and discuss whether we love 'em or hate 'em or what we think our customers might think. And it is good for all of us to step outside our own comfort zone, right?

Well, I'm off to a 4-day craft retreat in Wisconsin at a kids camp this weekend. So I'll be snoozing in a cabin, bunk bed and all the fun that can be! So, don't be too jealous!

Happy Stamping!
Dee Tollaksen

No comments:

Post a Comment