Thursday, April 9, 2015

Faux crazy or Faux real?

 24 hours remaining, get a goin'! If you like to save $$ as much as I like to save $$ then you have until the end of the day on Friday to get your order in and take advantage of the free shipping offer, and that will save you 10% on your order. And that's a good thing!

So, now you can look at my two pretty cards I made the other day, two new techniques that I mastered, while wearing one earring. I didn't know I forgot to wear the second earring, I was just having a "senior moment." Frightening. But I think the cards are winners. The Happy card is a total CASE from Nance Leedy, but I have tried to master the "stacked die cut" technique previously and just got covered in glue. But now I have found the Transfer Adhesive Sheets in the Stampin' Up catalog (p204). It is a sheet of teeny tiny glue dots. Just lay your die cut on the sheet, burnish it so it picks up the glue dots and carefully pick it back up and then adhere it to your project. Works like a dream--super sticky but not drippy or over glued. Perfect for this project!

And the Faux Rusted Metal heart is from a tutorial by Allison Okamitsu, posted on the Stampin' Up blog. It was fun and easy, just had a few steps involving gold embossing powder, green embossing powder,  sponging ink, 6 layers of gray die cuts, and MORE! I know it may sound complicated, but I loved it and it looks so awesome in person! And then I went and put a crazy sentiment on the card too!

So, let's get together and try it, you will LOVE it as much as Allison did and me too. Call me!
Happy Stamping,
Dee Tollaksen



No comments:

Post a Comment